Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pinterest Easter Wreath

For the past few months, I have been addicted to a photo and website sharing site called Pinterest.  Browsing through the many photos, I have found several products, rearranged my spice rack, created a frame that displays 16 photos, cooked new recipes, and last night we made two Easter themed wreaths to hang on our doors.  I am going to start adding my Pinterest creations, one by one, soon. 

When I say "we", I mean myself and my two daughters.  They helped pick out the items and they glued the daisies on each wreath for me.  : ) 

I found a similar wreath on Pinterest, but could not find the same type of "grassy" yarn at any of the four stores I visited.  The girls and I settled on a soft, pastel green yarn that is meant for making baby blankets, etc.  I purchased two foam wreaths, two spring colored ribbons with wire, and two sets of daisies in the sewing section of the store.  I wrapped the yarn around and around several times and tied the ends off.  As I wrapped, I made sure to tighten as I went along, so the yarn would not sag.  The rest was pretty easy.  I cut and made two small bows and glued a piece of ribbon around the wreath for hanging.  The girls helped me hot glue each daisy (we used 30 per wreath) to their wreath. 

It came out rather cute.  In the future, I would like to use a bolder colored yarn and add something like Easter eggs, larger flowers, etc.  This can really go any direction for any occasion. 

The best part is that my girls were able to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment