Friday, June 4, 2010

Proud Mama, Day Two!

My oldest daughter had her 2nd Grade Award Ceremony this morning and I am so proud of her.  Learning comes so naturally to her and she's a born reader.  That's something she inherited from her daddy, not me!  I'm so happy that this year, she was blessed with a great teacher and was reunited with some of her friends from Kindergarten.  Last year was tough for her, since she was placed in a split class.  She's a great kid.  I can't say enough about her, really. 

She has been witness to all of Sydnie's heart procedures, surgeries, and tests.  When we go for routine tests, she sits on the bed beside of her.  In 2008, when she had her Fontan, Jenna dressed up in one of their Keith Urban t shirts to make her feel better.  She crawled up beside of her and rubbed her on her head to comfort her.  Jenna has become somewhat of a "little mama".

There are times when I feel anger and guilt for her having to witness all of the things that her little sister has to endure.  I wish that we didn't have to, but it's what we've been given.  She is a great kid!  She has so much potential and hopefully, with all she's learned from her little sister's experiences, she will grow up to do wonderful things.  I know as long as they have each other, they will be okay.  They really love each other in such a special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment